Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebrations!


Maybe it's that things are starting to feel more "normal" after 17 months of  -- unexpected journeys.
Maybe it's the quietness that settles over the house when children are snug in their beds.
Maybe it's the christmas lights that cast a warm glow throughout a tidied home.
Maybe - just maybe - it's that I'm finding God's gracious peace & long-awaited rest in the midst of it all.

Whatever the case may be, the celebrations continue. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw sweet K approach and conquer stairs for the first time. She looked like she'd been doin' it all her life long. Sweet pea :). In the midst of a full-with-good-things kinda day yesterday, I found myself breathing and laughing and visiting like I hadn't done in a long time. We have flights instead of facing a daunting 3-day holiday journey. And little M's 3rd birthday party - complete with her party guest list :) - is on Friday, and after facing 3 birthday parties, I dare say my birthday cakes are --- improving. I learn by trial and error :P
And in the midst of all these good celebrations, more than ever I cling to the promise of Advent
"I have come - and will come again." 
 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
Revelation 22:12, 13

So, let the celebrations continue.
And, if you're feelin' particularly sassy 
:), you can always groove with this stunning rendition from Cool & the Gang :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails