Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thinking outside the box

Hmmm. Not sure why, exactly - but every so often something strikes me, and I think - now why didn't I try THIS before!?

There is nothing profound that will follow, I can assure you - but this winter I started asking myself Why have I never tried growing YELLOW beans instead of the standard GREEN

See, I told you it wasn't profound!

Well, maybe it is, at some level. Because I tend to do things because they've always been done that way. Change isn't avoided, just - well, feels weird. So, instead of trying to grow some un-native-to-my-prairie-soil plant, whose seed has to be flown in from who-knows-where-ville, I decided to liven things up by going yellow instead of green.

I think the yellow ones may be more tender. And I'm wondering if my toddler will eat them :). She has mightily declared she doesn't like beans :). So, we'll see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails