Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've decided to call her Katie

I've never been a huge fan of garden ... "additives." Gnomes, trolls, flamingos, dried out "sculptures" - they just really didn't do anything for me.

But this year, in early anticipation of the upcoming gardening year, I purchased a lovely little garden angel. She's a beauty alright. 

DSCN3410

I've decided to call her Katie to keep my gardening connected with my family roots. My dear Grandmother, who cared for us kids on many a farming day, was affectionately known as Katie. My mom's mom, who delights us still with her painting, funky stories and sense of humor, goes by the full name Katherine. My self and my own daughter also bear this name. And so, to me it is fitting.

Katie she is and Katie she will be :).

ps - that is the picture from the box she still lives in. We have not have a recent bout of warm weather that would leave us with grass or pretty flowers. That fun is still to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails