Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
It's funny how ideas come to us - how they niggle away in our consciousness (often with us trying to shut them down because we feel we cannot possibly spend the time or energy or effort they would require!) - until we finally decide ...
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Oh yeah. Little M and Sweet K had fun too - although Sweet K is not yet sure about the squishy texture between her tiny little fingers :). But here's proof that I'm not the only one who played today!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.
This afternoon, as we enjoyed a puddle-jumpin' walk to the post office and back, it occurred to me that buried underneath all this (somewhat melting) snow are the BULBS I planted last year! Oh Yeah! With one day blurring into another, it's sometimes a wonder I remember what I did YESTERDAY, let alone, last FALL!
But, soon and very soon, there will be a wondrous display of tulip and hyacinth lovely-ness throughout the front yard and back. And what a wondrous surprise it will be because - ha ha ha - I can't remember what I planted where!
I love springtime surprises!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
The other morning, in a bleary-eyed stumble to the coffee maker first thing in the morning (having to get up 6 times in 3 hours will do that to a gal ...), I
started to wonder - what makes good coffee ... GREAT!
Some would argue that the brand, roast, water used, type of coffee maker (are you a perk, press or drip fan ?), bean, etc. would be the defining
characteristics, separating the passable from the prestigious.
I smile and gently nod in their direction .
For me, a good cup of coffee is becomes GREAT when it is.....
- out of my favorite mug.
- in the company of lively friends or family, swapping stories and laughs.
- first thing in the morning, before the sun and the rest of my peeps are up, in the solitude of those brilliant moments of the day.
- in a rinky-dinky, outta-the-way coffee shop, that is more about being worn-in than posh.
- around a campfire. ESPECIALLY if someone else has made it .
- savored over a good book or journal entry.
- at home, on my parents farm, with my mom doting on us and my dad bustling in and out between "farming missions."
- the first mug after having a baby!! Even in the hospital, that was one of my first requests!!
For me, it sure doesn't have to be fancy to be great. It has to be savored, shared, enjoyed.
Kinda like life, I guess .