Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sigh and sigh again :)...

Yesterday I finished the day with a sigh and a deep sense of satisfaction. Isn't that a great way to end the day!? It doesn't always happen, or even as often as I'd like, but I soak it all in when it does.

As I reflected, I wondered - what made this day so g.o.o.d. ? Because, by most standards, it was a common, ordinary, nondescript kinda day.

UnHurried. In the self-induced rush of life, I miss things. Big things. Small things. Like listening to the friend who needs a friend. Or sneaking in that extra giggle with Little M. Or speeding through a conversation with J. Or soaking in the evening quiet. Or or or. Yesterday's chores all got done (and giving the pooch the 'ole shave-a-roo is definitely a chore!!), but they were done at a pace that left room for the good things in life. Dancing. Laughing. Wrestling. Going to the park. Napping. Reading. Writing. Walking in the rain.

UnDemanding. On the weekend, through a sermon, I was reminded (again and again and again) that a) Jesus meets us where we are at and then offers His presence to continue walking the journey and b) we can do the same for others. Lately, I've been trying to figure out how to best meet Little M where she is at. Fighting for independence (oh how many times can I get suckered into an argument with a three-year-old!!?) and yet so dependent. Or how to connect with Sweet K's development questions (it is tricky to find the balance between leading and guiding vs. pushing and shoving - usually the telltale sign is the red flag of f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n.!!). But when we follow Jesus' example, we simply come as we are and allow others to do the same, with the hopes of positive growth, something amazing happens. We have FUN together!!

UnPretentious. Simply being the best ME that I can be. Not based on others expectations. Or desiring to be something or someone that I am not. It is freeing.

The day was perfect. Not flawless, but perfect. And I took great satisfaction in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day with the gals! Did it actually rain in Niverville? I don't think we got a drop!
It's HOT out there though! (Finally).
Robin.

Roo said...

this post makes me smile. :) and so i smile....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails