Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gratitude - Wanderin' through the Word...

This is a post I've been wanting to do for a long time! Expressing thanksgiving (or at least the beginnings of it!!) for the Scriptures that God has used to breathe life into me since I started taking His Word seriously 12 years ago. This post won't be long enough for allll the verses that have become meaningful to me, but it is a starting point....


Psalm 16: 2, 5-8, 11
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
       apart from you I have no good thing."

5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
       you have made my lot secure.


6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
       surely I have a delightful inheritance.

 7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
       even at night my heart instructs me.

 8 I have set the LORD always before me.
       Because he is at my right hand,
       I will not be shaken.


11 You have made [e] known to me the path of life;
       you will fill me with joy in your presence,
       with eternal pleasures at your right hand.





Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.




Matthew 11:29-30 (The Message)
Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."





Job 19:25
25 I know that my Redeemer lives,
       and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.






Psalm 46:10
10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
       I will be exalted among the nations,
       I will be exalted in the earth."






Ecclesiastes 5:1, 2
Stand in Awe of God
 1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. 2 Do not be quick with your mouth,
       do not be hasty in your heart
       to utter anything before God.
       God is in heaven
       and you are on earth,
       so let your words be few.





Revelation 21:6-7
6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.


Psalm 86:11-13

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
       and I will walk in your truth;
       give me an undivided heart,
       that I may fear your name.

 12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
       I will glorify your name forever.

 13 For great is your love toward me;
       you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.





Lamentations 3:22-23

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.

 23 They are new every morning;
       great is your faithfulness.





Psalm 27: 13-14

13 I am still confident of this:
       I will see the goodness of the LORD
       in the land of the living.

 14 Wait for the LORD;
       be strong and take heart
       and wait for the LORD.



What words have brought you life?





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails