Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Life's Unforgettable Moments :)!!

Every day, I wish that there are things I could remember forever.
If I could, I would gather these sweet moments that teach me or make me laugh right out loud and bottle them to keep forever and ever.
I know that I can never recall them all - or even a fraction of them.

Last week I had one of those moments.

It was the first real snowfall of winter. (We've had snow in October, but that didn't count!!) Little M could NOT wait to get outside and play. After tucking Sweet K in for her nap, I summoned as much energy as I could and out we went. While Little M made tracks in the snow, I swept off loose snow and shoveled off accumulated ice. We giggled as we skidded and slipped around :). We were heading through the garage to the fresh snow of the front yard when Little M slipped in her snowy boots and fell - directly bumping her tender, cold little cheek on the shovel. OUCH! Bleed bleed (any owie oozing red!!) was happening, so in we rushed, tears and all, to clean the gash right away.

Later that night, as we were saying prayers before bed, I asked Little M what she would like to thank Jesus for. Snow. Lights. What would she like to say sorry to Jesus for? "Mommy, tonight you need to say sorry to Jesus" was her reply! Ohhhhh? "What for?" I ask, suspecting she was thinking something specific, but unsure what it might be (after all, ain't I the perfect momma :P?). "For hitting me in the head with a shovel!!"

I laughed. And laughed. I also took her request seriously, explaining that our little mishap was an accident, but mommy could say sorry for not being more careful :P.

Sorry, Jesus, for those times in my day when my carelessness, ignorance or short-sightedness wounds another. Help me to be more care-full.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails