Monday, January 25, 2010

Well, it sure ain't ocean front property!!


The grandest sight greeted me as I opened the blinds this morning.
A wall
of
white!!




WHOA! Where did the world go :)?

First, I was grateful that not one of us had to travel OUT in that weather! Yoikes!

Second, of all things, I started to think about G.A.R.D.E.N.I.N.G.!!!

I think this is highly related to the fact that I can no longer see any perennials peeking out of the snow drifts.

I'm not sure what I'll get around to sticking in the dirt this spring. With Baby's arrival due sometime end of May, we may or may not have flowers and/or veggies :). Although, the overwhelming desire for sun-ripened tomatoes, snappy green beans, lovely cucumbers, savory squash and ruddy little potatoes will probably lure me out there to poke a few seeds (and nursery seedlings!) into the ground. And hey -really. What's a Manitoba summer without petunias!! But I'm gettin' the itch to thumb through the seed catalogue. And maybe I will ;), while munching on a bit of popcorn. It's a cozy winter eve after all!!

3 comments:

Roo said...

wow scwester! you sure swanked your blog up a notch. nice! you must teach me....

sorry i missed the snow day. i am getting seriouslyhomesick....

Natalie said...

Hi Leah!
I found your blog through a fellow town member. What a small world!

I love snow days. I stayed in my PJs that entire day except when it was time to do my workout. :D

See you Saturday morning perhaps?

Robin Fehr said...

I'd be happy to volunteer to throw a few tomato plants in for you this spring. And some cucs, but my veggies end there...
Somehow that never crossed my mind on Monday's blizzard...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails