Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pretty as a picture!

Not sure if it's the melting snow, the fact that since I am pregnant I can actually wear short sleeved shirts all year round :), painting my toenails a lovely shade of red, or the fact that I did, in fact, place my seed order yesterday :), but it's starting to feel like


With that in mind, we decided to try a little "crafting" around here. Uhhhh, it turned out to be an ... interesting ... investment ... of 45 minutes or so! The goal was to use up a few snips of crayons, iron them between sheets of wax paper and cut out lovely shapes. Voila! "Sun catchers." I've seen this idea on many a blog, but here is where I went this morning for a few tips.


But first... a couple of questions to be answered ...

What IS the difference between wax paper and parchment paper!? I used parchment, because it's what we had in the house. HOWEVER, these dandy little creations are bonding too well :).

Can you ever use too many crayon shavings :)? Ours turned quite brittle and if you don't touch them, they're fine. But yeah, right, with two little ones around, that's not likely to happen :).

It turned into a ginormous mess, and we kept saying, "Uhhh, this isn't looking so right :)." But, we had fun, and that's what counts, right :)?

You'll notice that one daisy is MIA. It already bit the biscuit and had to be tossed ;).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails